Just FYI, I got a shipping quote from Acoustic Elegance on the P1512 kit, freaking $148.00 for Shipping! That would have put me over $1000.00 and still having to purchase an amp. I had to pass on that. For 2 of those I would have been well over a couple grand. I'm sure with a good pro amp, 2 of those would be killer.

I have decided against going DYI, I could save some money, but with the family and work, I just don't have the time.

So anyway, I called SVS today to get a quote on going with 2 PC12-Plus's (cylinder subs). From what I have read in the forums, people are extremely happy with a pair of these. Seems SVS has improved them last year as well. I have to tell you I was ready to pull the trigger today on those!

But...and here we go...I made a call to Brent @ Axiom.
Brent gave me a very fair deal on trading my EP350 in for
2 EP500's. Made my decision and I now have 2 EP500's on the way!
I hope I made the right choice. Having dual subs was a top priority for me. So, it really came down between SVS and Axiom.
Brent pointed out that with the EP500's having DSP, the axiom's would beat the SVS's.

I also considered ED as well, but with the recent amp problems and the unbelievable lead times, I'm not waiting 2 months for the subs to ship. I just read a complete horror story on avs about some poor guy who had major issues with a sealed sub from ED. Alex from ED even came on the forum and them 2 got into it big time! Right there in front of 1000's to see. Pretty unprofessional to say the least.

Well, like I said, I really do hope the dual EP500's do not disappoint. Right now, I feel I made the right decision, but time will tell...

Dana

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740