Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
With receivers that offer individual cross-overs for each channel, I'd love to see a test where the center channel is set to 80 Hz, the mains to 60, and the surrounds to 100. Each speaker's distance should also vary slightly as it would in a real room. Then have a 50 to 150 Hz sine sweep played in phase through each channel simultaneously, and plot what is actually being output to the sub. I have a feeling it won't be pretty.

I've always wondered how it would sound with different crossovers for different speakers, especially with the surrounds set to 100hz.

If sound is still directional down to 80hz then at 100hz you can still tell it's coming from the sub, which if it's located at the front and is playing back content inteneded for the surround/rear, might seem/feel weird or just not right.

That's been a concern of mine with the QS8's, but maybe there isn't enough 100hz or below content being sent to the surrounds in movies for it to be an issue? Although I can think of some movies with certain passages where the surrounds are very active and seem to run almost full range. What about with multi-channel music, do they not send 80hz info to the surrounds?