I'll add my 2 cents worth and I'm sure others will chime in also.

I currently have on-wall M22's with an in-wall/on-wall VP100. I have an EP175v2 on order. (I also have a pair of bookcase M22's in storage)

After installing the in-wall/on-wall VP100, I ordered in-wall/on-wall M22's, cut the hole for one side, then discovered that I had obstacles behind the drywall that wouldn't allow me to mount them. At this point in time, the on-wall versions of the M22's were in early stages of production, so I ordered them, which I also have installed.

As to sound quality, all 3 of the versions sound excellent with differences. There is a lot of bass that you wouldn't expect coming out of the bookcase M22's. I listened to the in-wall/on-wall M22's before sending them back and they sounded slightly better than the on-wall M22's. Since I haven't received the EP175 yet, I can't vouch for how they sound with the on-wall version.

The timbre match between the bookcase M22 and the in-wall/on-wall VP100 is not good, but with the on-wall version instead it is a good match.

My room is 1800 sq. ft. with 2 openings. If yours is more than 2000 sq. ft., you might want to go with an EP350 instead, but you can always try the EP175 and see if your happy with it. Just don't expect tremendous bass emphasis out of it. I expect just enough to enhance the on-walls that I have. The reason I chose the EP175 is because of the smaller size. It's going to be a piece of furniture sticking out just under the VP100.

Oh, I forgot to address the s and p sounds. The only time I've heard that is when I turn up the treble to around +4 or so in the AVR, which is too much treble anyway, so no problem there.

Last edited by CatBrat; 04/23/10 03:33 PM.