Hey SnM69... nice name!

I can't speak to the Centre Channel question so I'll go right to the Subwoofer...

I would think the Orb Amp wouldn't be too much more efficient than the 175 and here's my speculation:

Your Basic Amp types are as follows:
- Class A
- Class B
- Class A/B Switching
- Class C (not used in Audio)
- Class D (A/B Switching with digital processing)

Here's the interesting part... BASH stands for: Bridged Amp Switching Hybrid and is a Trademark name. Now, I'm no Amp expert but I believe this means its a Class A and Class B Amp that Switches between the 2. I *think* that a BASH amp is essentially the same as an AB-Switching Amp, but the name BASH is trademarked so not everyone can use it.

Class D is also an A/B switching amp but uses Digital processes so it can switch much faster than a traditional A/B Switching.

Now the EP175 doesn't specify at all the type of Amplifier it sports, and perhaps and Axiomite can help out here... but I would be surprised if it was a straight Class A or a Class B amp. If it was a Class D, I imagine they would brag about it... I'm *guessing* its a Class A/B Switching, which I *think* is the same thing as a BASH Amp, but they can't use the name BASH.

It is also possible that the "BASH with Digital Processing" is a Class D Amp (because it has digital processing) but they still wanted to use their BASH Trademark.

Summary:
I have a lot of qualifiers in here so until I get an authoratative answer, consider me to be talking out of my ass.

As usual, correct me if I'm wrong please \:\)

snazzed

M22, VP150, QS8 <--all v2
Sub: Outlaw LFM1-Plus
Denon AVR1910, Sony X900-65"