I just moved out of an apartment and for most of the time was using floor standing speakers with no problem. If you are just looking at options that’s great but for now if you like the sound of the speakers you have I would keep them and try them out in the apartment.

Your Klipsch F-1s are rated down to 38Hz +/-3dB which is going to give you pretty good bass for an apartment and your music preferences while minimizing what goes through the walls and ceiling. Once you move in you can also ask your neighbors to let you test your system by turning it up until it’s either as loud as you like it or they think it’s to loud. That way if they think your F-1s are to loud they are going to hate you for getting a subwoofer.

As others have said if you get on-wall speakers you’re going to need a sub which is also going to take up space. Plus a sub is more likely to bother your neighbors. Also, even though the room is small the towers give you the option to move them around a little for better soundstage. On-wall speakers are not as easy to move. Plus, if you get carpet/tile sliders you can even keep the tower speakers pushed up against the wall so they are out of the way when you are not using them and then slide them out farther to get a better soundstage when you are watching a movie or critically listening to music.

If after moving in you find that your neighbors might not mind you having a subwoofer you can always get some on wall speakers to try out if you don’t like how much room the F-1s take up. But remember the sub will also take up space although it could be used as an end table or something.

One other thing to consider is using a something like a Buttkicker:

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/home_theater/products/bk_lfe_kit.htm

I used one in my apartment and while it felt like I had a big subwoofer running none of the shaking went through the walls or floor. Combined with the bass from your F-1s a Buttkicker shaking your couch (seats) will give you a great home theater feeling but without bothering anyone else.

So my short answer is keep the speakers you have for now.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1