This is a most interesting thread indeed. But I for one would love it if someone could draw up some diagrams showing in detail the different positions so that I can confirm if I'm getting this right in my head. I think I have a pretty good grasp of 'four corner placement', but I'm not quite sure if I have the correct picture of 'co-existing mid-wall' sub placement kicking around up there.

Also, John when you say, "two mid-wall placement with two subs co-located at each spot(and therefore strengthening the mid-wall output)was by a narrow margin the best of the options for a four sub placement", does it matter which two walls were being used? I have a fireplace in the midwall location to the right of my seating area, and french doors in the midwall position to the left of my seating position. So the only midwall location available to me is the back wall (since the TV is obviously taking up the front wall).

So then, would the best 4-subwoofer set-up in my room be two subs co-located midwall along the back wall, and two corner loaded subs in the front two corners? Just curious.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD