Originally Posted By: CV
Good point on the Buttkicker. Since my pre-pro has both XLR and RCA subwoofer outs, I figured I'd use the XLR for the subs and the RCA for the Buttkicker. Whatever pre-pro I replace this with should likewise have the two types of outputs. Of course, this is one of the reasons I would like the superior subwoofer EQ built into the pre-pro itself or for it to have XLR inputs and outputs. Of course, if it's built into the pre-pro, then it must be applying the subwoofer corrections to both XLR and RCA outputs, right? That's assuming both outputs are active simultaneously. I haven't really looked into it. I'm sure there's some problem with my ideas, beyond what I'm lazily speculating.

Dean, thanks for the extremely detailed experimentation. I knew you'd have a lot more to offer the group.

No thank you Charles as now I know how much better sub EQ can really do in my room big difference moving from theory to reality. Problem is I’m in the same boat as you. The system I really want isn’t available yet. So likely a second sub will be my first option unless I drag my feet long enough for the “right” EQ system to come out.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1