Like I said, I never liked the guy.. I liked the gear he was selling, but he pressured me in buying the Veritas 2.3s using the old " it's my last pair and there is someone waiting at the door to buy them so you have to tell me right now" thing.. ya I know, everyone of you here would have walked away..but this was first time I was in a position to purchase speakers above a few hundred dollars and this was a pair of $2800 speakers for $2000.. so I bit down on his hook and that was the end of that. I knew from my very first audition that there was a bump in the mids and a lack of bass that I did not really like.. he assured me that they would sound different after a few hundred hours.. not to worry, that would go away after break in.. well let me tell you, he's full of shit.. that exact same bump in the low mids (120hz to be exact) and the lack of bass is still here after close to 10 years of listening..I'm sure I have more than 200 hours by now :-) .. So now I'm looking to sell them and take my sweet time auditionning multiple speakers as a replacement. This time, no one will pressure me in anything, I will make my decision based on what my ears tell me, not the sales pitch. The M80s are on my short list, as you have heard me say before, my cousin has the Epic 80 - 500 system and I set it up for him so I know first hand how they sound, and they sound good.. but first, I need to hear them in MY room . And any other speakers I audition in this town, I'm going to ask that I listen to them in my own basement before I give anyone a dime.

Cheers
Stephane

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400