Sorry guys forgot to mention my listening space is 12x14 (living room) which opens up to additional rooms such as the kitchen and hallway. I do realise that exposure to high spl levels over time can result in hearing damage. I watch a lot of music DVDs and tend to watch them at moderately loud levels. Usually -10 to -15 db on the Denon receiver. Music at around -25 to -30db. Sometimes I feel as though the signal sounds compressed or light to moderate clipping at higher levels which leads to ear fatigue. Your probably saying "well it's to loud man" but I believe more power and speakers that can handle it will produce crystal clear detailed music reproduction that will not produce ear fatigue. Does this theory make sense? Would I use RCAs to link the Denon to the external amp? Would the Denon still allow me to control the EQ to the M80's and video processing for movies etc. Can I adjust the output of the external amp to level match with the other speakers? I have only used my receiver as a power source so I'm not quite sure how to configure everything with an external amp. Also, does a rack mount amp need to be mounted in a rack or can it sit in my TV shelf with the other equipment? Sorry for the armature questions, just trying to pre-plan things before I pull the trigger. Thanks for your responses.

Demetrios