Hey, not sure what you mean by "maybe he's running mains in full range" but my settings in Speaker config are as follows
Front-Large
Center-Large
Sub-yes
Surround A-Large
Surround B-No
Sub-woofer Mode-LFE+Main
Crossover set to 80Hz

There is no dynamic volume option on the 3808 and the volume limit is set to off. Room EQ is set to off. Night Mode Off. Not sure if any other selection may altar output. Don't get me wrong, things sound good. I'm just thinking more detailed musical reproduction at higher volume levels can be achieved with an external amp. I've read on this forum how adding more power to speakers can really bring out detail. If you guys think I'm off track then I'll hold off and purchase Oppo Bluray player.
For now I'll check out some Tapco and GSQ amp specs. Would you guys recommend models producing 350w RMS or 450w RMS at .01%THD? In car audio I always provide clean signal with up to 20% more than the RMS rating. Never have I underpowered a speaker in car audio. I've never had a problem with amps or speakers in the 15 yrs I've been building car audio systems. But this is not car audio and I need your help.Thanks for your comments guys. Does anyone have experience with Beringher, Tapco or GSQ pro amps and can vow for the quality. Thanks again.

Demetrios