Originally Posted By: Murph
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Mark, you weren't kidding!

Thanks for the post, Andrew. I think I'm gonna print it up and hang onto it. I was looking at sea kayaks a couple years ago. . .and then I moved to Arizona. I'm not giving up hope though!

I see your dillema but aren't there some pretty big rivers in Arizona if I'm not mistaken. Like the famous Colorado? I have no idea really about how big they get for a sea kayak to be the boat of choice but there has to be some great relaxing river paddling and probably a lot of whitewater kayaking too, depending on your interest.

I've never been that far south in the West but hopefully I'll pass through there one day on my way to paddle around the Baja.

Yes, there are lakes and rivers out here. I have yet to actually go out and find them. *embarrassed* Freshwater is probably my best bet. I remember vacationing at Lake Powell when I was younger.

As much as I enjoyed being out on the ocean in my buddy's tin can of a boat, I'm admittedly a bit frightened of the sea. Um, you know, the sharks and all. I'm serious, Jaws is one of the most effective sphincter-puckerers of a movie in the long term sense. That's ALL I think about when I swim in the ocean.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose