Originally Posted By: gianquittia
waited 25 years for perfection, then found a pioneer 141 last year :). I was so close to getting a panny though. It took me 5 days to decide on a house to buy, it took me 3 months to decide on a tv, so I'm a little screwed up.

A coworker and I had a similar discussion last year. We're engineers that are big gadget hounds. But we have to do the research in order to have the data to make a sound decision. So it may take 3 weeks to buy the right digital camera, plasma, laptop, etc. But then it gets skewed when you buy a house in the SF Bay Area. Granted, we're REALLY skewed (or is it screwed...) In certain areas, it's not unheard of to buy into houses around 2000 sq ft that start at 7 figures and go up from there. And if it's in a popular zip code, you have multiple bids. So if you visit a house on Tuesday (broker's tour), it shows on the weekend, and you have until the next Tues (or Thu if you are lucky) to submit a bid. In those 7 days, you may actually spend about 60 minutes in the house before making the biggest financial decision of your life. How's that for fair? We're in our 3rd house since 1999 and I don't think I've bought a house w/ more than 7 days from first visit to offer. I think my HT decision took about 6 months the first time I bought Axioms.