Since I'm coming out of my 7 year stagnation hiatus and upgrading my equipment again, and the sub is taken care of now, Im thinking about going the power amp/ processor route (XPA5, UMC-1 are candidates) to replace my older (but trusty as hell) Marantz SR7400.

My questions is what can be expected from giving my axioms much more power , doing the equation I found somewhere, my power is about 70 watts all channels driven in 5.1 now (105W x 7 from Marantz) The lower model UPA5 is 125 watts all channels driven (55 watt per channel increase) while the XPA5 is yet 200W all channels. Does this really bring speakers to life, help the dynamics? Besides the obvious of getting higher, distortion free output, I'm curious how I will hear the difference.

Another plus is I can get lossless through HDMI, not the analogs Im using now. Im having some real bass management issues going the uncompressed analog route unfortunately.

M60, VP150, QS8, HSU VTF2-MK 3, Marantz SR8002, Oppo BDP-83SE, 50" Panasonic Plasma