I've sort of given up looking for headphones that impress me the way Axiom products do, although I did search around for a while. I had some Koss headphones ($75-150 range, sorry can't remember the model number, they were open but I don't see a similar model anymore in the online photos) that I thought sounded great especially on a budget but the build was weak and they disintegrated, twice I believe, despite having a lifetime warranty. I didn't want to be vindictive so I simply called it quits following the disintegration of the replacement pair. Then I had a pair of Sennheiser 590s, which weren't bad until my daughter took out one of the channels by tugging on the extremely thin, in my opinion, cord while playing computer games. Now I use Grado SR225s but they really don't blow me away.

Perhaps I haven't gotten into a high enough price range or stumbled across a design that fits whatever my headphone preference might be, if anything, but I suppose that's a good thing, because my wish list at the moment is hopelessly long: I'm jonesing for audiobytes with sub for my computer desk, a vp180, another ep800, most likely M80 V3s or sonically upgraded V2s, to mount the plasma on the wall, and upgrade the head unit for my automotive sound system.

At least I know where I want to start, i.e., with a VP180, beyond that I'm lost. :Sigh:

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."