Originally Posted By: Jc
Originally Posted By: elsewhere
Hey guys,

I am curious if anyone knows why Axiom resells Sherwood . . .

Hi,

Axiom decided a few years back to offer Newcastle by Sherwood for mainly four good reasons:
- The Newcastle products could power the Axiom M80 flagship model with ease.
- The built quality was above average.
- The sound quality was superior.
- The warranty was a 3 year period.

JC:

I would agree with your reasons in why Axiom took on the line IF Sherwood Newcastle had something to sell! Regardless of the merits of the company, they have always been notoriously late with product introductions and the R972 AVR with the Trinnov Room Correction system is no exception. It was originally introduced at the CES show in the winter of 2008(albeit originally with a version of Audyssey) and it is still having some issues and from what I can see is still not ready yet for prime time. The product offerings in the Sherwood Newcastle line(what there is of it)are essentially "legacy" products.

There is something to be said for Outlaw, who several months ago, decided to cancel the "never released" 997 Pre-Pro since the platform on which it was based (the 972) was having too many delays and they couldn't introduce the 997 until at least 60 days after the release of the S/N AVR! Outlaw has decided to go it alone on this one.

In my view, until S/N can start introducing "current" products with competitive pricing, I suggest Axiom look for alternatives. There is just too much out there for Axiom customers to buy to power Axiom speakers.