I'm using the current version of Firefox on a 15Mbs (pretty fast) cable internet connection at home. We don't use the cable for TV and there are no other apps running on my PC (which is a dual core Vista). I see INITIAL load times for the galleries of 5-8 seconds depending upon how large they are. When I then switch between galleries, response is almost instantaneous.

HOWEVER, the initial load times under IE 8 are at least twice as long, which I do think is probably "too long" for the bigger galleries. Again, after they are initially loaded, response becomes almost instantaneous.

Just for laughs, I checked it in Chrome, too. Initial load times were somewhere in between Firefox and IE8.

I think you should limit the number of pictures per gallery to about 22-24. Having more than that means that - even on a wide screen monitor - you don't have access to the first or last image when the gallery loads. It would also help your load times.

It doesn't look like you have your watermark on all the musician photos (which I know we talked about already). I think "consistency" is good for its own sake.

To again reiterate our earlier conversation, I would like to see the font size on the section footers be a little bigger. I really like the idea of the "read more" link/box. Again, though, I think the size of the box and size of the font could be a little bigger.

I really like the pictures you've chosen for each of the sections.

I share Peter's concern about the Flash, but you obviously already have quite a lot invested in this and I don't think it's worth scrapping it for a whole new model.

Personally, I don't like the auto-play music. Usually, if I'm at my computer - whether home or work - I either want it silent by design, or am already playing some audio from another source. In either case, the soundtrack from accessing your site is somewhat of an intrusion.

Just trying to "help". You asked for it, eh? grin

bibere usque ad hilaritatem