I too like the clean look of the site Mark. It speaks well to the beautiful work that you do.

But I'd be concerned with the load time, which seems long even with the ridiculously fast connection that I have available in the corp office here.

And instant-on music always reminds me of some old Geocities site from the '90s that some kid built that loops a midi track. I know that's not the case, but that the association that I have now, and it triggers my close-this-window-now mechanism.

The mute/pause button should do the trick but FWIW consider locating the music controls in the top left corner, where people tend to look first. But maybe people are less sensitive to this perceived problem than we're giving them credit for and it's really a non-issue, personal preference thing...

IMO if you can get around the load time then basically you've got a winner. Personally I've always liked the approach of using a collection small thumbnails that click through to high res pics. Loads quickly and the user knows that a bigger photo is coming and might take a few seconds to render completely on screen. I know it's "old-school" Internet but it works, and can still look very nice and be usable. My $0.02.

Good luck with it. I hope that it provides you with much recognition and success.