Buddy, I'm no fan boy. But your M3s are simply busted. M3s that sound bright, metalic, brittle, unnatural? M3s that are not stunningly wonderful at reproducing vocals? That's not the sound of any Axiom M3 I've ever heard and I've heard M3Tis, V2s and V2.5s which they tell me are really V3s.

Obviously, there's nothing wrong with your Onk because you report your other speakers sound fine. The sibilance you report could be the result of a defective tweeter. Of course, I'm no doctor, so I don't know what's wrong with your M3s but what you're reporting is not an issue of mere personal preference.

Sorry that you're not getting the good M3 experience because they are a wonderful sounding speaker ... my personal favorite from among all Axiom's offerings.

Originally Posted By: jerrymb
OK I'm now convinced that something is wrong here. Just for the heck of it I hooked back up a pair of Cambridge Soundworks Model 6 speakers that I had packed away when I got the M3's the other day. The Model Six's cost me $99 per pair a few months ago. They normally sell for $149 per pair. I connected the Six's back up and left the M3's hooked up also. I put in a good sounding cd and A/B the 2 speakers.The Model Six's sound better. Shockingly better. The M3's have a higher sensitivety than the Model Six's do but yet they play much softer? I have to turn the volume up 10 points higher on the M3's to match the volume of the Six's even though the M3's are supposed to be more efficient.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.