OK, so I have got just about every thing organized and hooked up to the new Denon AVR-990. Had a chance to listen to a little DVD Audio, CD and Phono, just really testing if it works. So far sounds great and since I am going HDMI, I have enough left over cables to build my own R2D2.

So I told my buddy about the $649 deal at CC and price matching at Futureshop. He asks me if I would pick one up for him, (we are in the process of building an HT room in this basement).

So I go to FS, a different one as I was on a business trip today.

I show up and ask if they have any of the 990's in stock

Sales Ass (ociate), says yes, two in a box.

I say great, I'll take one and take the printed add from CC out of my pocket to show him, before I can get it unfolded he asks, if that was from Canada Computers. I say yes, he says they sold two already this morning because of it.

I then remember the FS has a policy to give 10% of the difference on any advertized price that is lower than theirs. So I ask if I can get the additional 10% of the difference on this purchase (about $45.00 plus tax).

And with a straight face, no kidding here, he says "no, because this is already below our cost". I try to keep a straight face, and say, your policy doesn't say that. He then says right, but CC is not a company we do direct price matching with. I am now stunned at the two very lame anserwers I have just gotten. I asked if there is a list of companies that they do price matching with, he says no. Then he tells me that this could be a doorcrasher at CC and they only have limited qty. I look at the add and tell him that it doesn't say that, I also tell him the FS also has limited quantity, and that they are supposed to have people to watch the market to ensure they offer the lowest price. He is starting to get frustrated and a little annoyed at me at this point, I then ask him what is the point of having a 10% policy if it can never be used. Anyway this goes on for about 10 minutes back and forth all the time I can see he is getting angry. I finally looked at him and said, I could just as easily walk out right now and buy it from CC, so give me a reason to buy from you. He looked at his computer screen for about 30 seconds, gritted his teath and said "FINE, DONE!" I said thank you. I then told him I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just wanted his store to honor the policy. he didn't reply.

I think he was so mad that he didn't even ask me if I wanted the extended waranty, which was fine by me.

Usually they take the box up to the front for you and even to your car, I got no offer for this service today. Again fine by me.

Just thought I'd share my exciting time at FS today.

Enjoy

paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990