Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
BD players do have file systems which store various bits of information saved by the BD, or pulled from the Net. It could be possible that the player might be in the middle of updating on of those files when the power is cut. If that were to happen then the entire file system could end up corrupted.

BD players are embedded computers, and should be treated as such.

Very good information, as usual, Chris. If it's not connected to the net, there shouldn't be any issues. Prior to getting my APC unit, I utilized the outlet on my 3801, and 3808. I only plugged my CD player into it because you will lose your settings (not a concern for my CD player) if there's no power for an extended period of time, as Rick mentioned.

Originally Posted By: a401classic
I don't know if it's related to the topic, but I continue to have issues with my Oppo 981. Oppo has told me twice now, as part of the troubleshooting protocol, to unplug the player from ant filter, switch, conditioner, etc. and plug it directly into an outlet. We'll see if this helps with some of the issues I'm seeing.

Scott, did they explain their reasoning? I have my 983 plugged into my APC and it works flawlessly. I also don't know what problem you're having.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.