The sub amp did appear to be the problem CV, as far as I know. I had intermittent outages where the sub just flat would not work. As mentioned previously during one outage it was completely silent until I cranked the volume knob on the sub up to max and then after a few seconds it started working, amongst other issues. The amp I received is working flawlessly so far. I was a little bummed to be asked to fork over $25 for shipping but they were nice enough to send me a replacement amp and wooden box to ship mine back in so I didn't have to go without a sub or pay for packaging (after I asked).

It did however, take several weeks to receive the replacement amp (maybe a month?) Axiom indicated that they were waiting on parts for the amp which is why it took so long.

I believe I received a rebuilt amp as it is the older version of the V2 amp that still has "bypass" instead of "150" on the max crossover point (the v2 amp I sent back had "150" as the max crossover point). Also, the boot had "600" written on it in white chalk but it was 95% wiped off with a new "500" written on it.

I have no problem that I receievd a rebuilt amp as it had been a month short of 3 years since my purchase and it beats the other option of having to send mine in for repair and then waiting a month with no sub.

That being said, it still was a bummer to be asked to pay the return shipping on the amp. I suspect that if a speaker/amp/etc. was faulty within the first few months of ownership they would ship a brand new replacement product and pay to have the old one shipped back. After an extend duration it makes sense that they would require old products to be shipped in for repair or have rebuilt products sent for replacement, but it sure would be nice if they still footed the bill for shipping both ways. It's frustrating to be asked to cough up some $ for a product that isn't working as designed... especially when you are talking about a $1,200 sub (in my case).

On a side note: I am on my 6th xbox 360 and Not one time have I been asked to pay for shipping. However, I have NEVER convinced Microsoft to send me a replacement prior to sending my defective unit in, which is still a big plus on the majority of axioms repairs, although this does not sound like the case with your audiobyte repair.

-David