I feel like a bit of a whiner now, but JC mentioned to Ian about me thinking shipping would be paid both ways, and Ian decided to go one (or two) better than that and upgrade me to all new v3 Audiobytes, shipping all taken care of. I really wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it! The understanding is I'll provide feedback on the new version, which I'm happy to do.

I did read the warranty as stated on this site before starting this thread, and I still don't know how I was supposed to know shipping is covered both ways in the first year, but not after that. I'm fine with that being the policy, but going by this, it's somewhat up in the air:

Quote:
If the product should prove so defective within the warranty period, return the product by prepaid delivery to AXIOM CANADA INC., along with the original sales invoice or other proof of purchase, which establishes eligibility for warranty service. AXIOM CANADA INC. will, at its option, replace or repair the product free of charge and return the product by prepaid delivery.

Maybe there's more specific warranty information included with the products themselves. I haven't dug through my paperwork, but I was going by that information. Does that need to be updated with more specific wording, maybe?

In any case, Axiom has once again made me feel like I won the lottery. Thanks to JC and Ian.