Thank you all for the reply's so far... I wasn't expecting so much feedback so fast!

Yes, the sketch is attepmting to show a cut out with the L 7.1 surrounds visible. I will update it to show 5.1. Someday I still may play with 7.1, who knows.

Note taken on swapping the QS4's for the QS8's. Makes sense, will do!

The center: Am I right in that the suggestions are saying to use a standard M2 bookshelf for the center? A pair? If nothing else, I'll definitely swap the VP150 for the VP100 if I say with a 'standard' center.

The L/R's I'll adjust to be more forward. What I have yet to figure out, but will have to is they need secured. I have a soon to be 1 y/o running around grabbing everything she can smile

I'll spend some time checking out Denon's and Onkyo's. I haven't done enough research between the two myself, but I've been told that Denon's have better video processing? Again, I have no evidence either way myself. This one is looking fairly nice: AVR-2311CI (though more power from the AVR-3311CI sounds tempting)

About the SketchUp: There are actually Axiom models available online to download. I pretty much just made the room to scale/etc.

Here is a small update to the diag:

Thanks again for all the helpful comments!