Let me try to explain without a picture. I should probably take pictures and post them - project for after the rebuild.

Anyways...TV sits on typical TV stand (60" wide). Flanking the TV and stand are two entertainment units/piers just under 6 ft. tall and just under two feet wide. Flanking the entertainment units are the M60s, placed on the floor as floorstanding speakers about 10 ft. apart on center. Spanning the distance between the entertainment units and directly above the TV is a shelf/bridge, supported by the two entertainment units. The center channel (currently a VP150) comfortably sits on this shelf/bridge, approximately 5.5 ft. high. I typically angle the VP150 downwards towards the seating area as it is a couple of feet above ear level and the height of the tweeters of my M60s.

This was the only arrangement possible before purchasing the new TV/stand as I had a CRT RPTV and could not mount the VP150 below the TV.

My plan is to replace the VP150 with the VP180 but I'm not sure the shelf can withstand an extra 30 lbs. over a long period of time. I think it'll initially hold but I'm scared that the shelf will give out over time and come crashing down onto my TV. I knew it was big and heavy when I ordered it but I thoughts I'd give it a try.

I suppose I now have the option of placing it on the TV stand but I'd have to build some kind of shelf to raise the TV above it. I'm not sure I like that idea as I just dropped a few hundred on the TV stand and I'm sure the wife would not be keen on some kind of home made shelf to raise the TV so I can accommodate some beastly speaker.

Last edited by icehawk21; 11/12/10 03:50 AM.