Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that the one limitation is that the speakers will be bracketing a fireplace, hence the Center Channel thought, as I could place it on the mantel. Five identicals, and moving one in front when I want the 5 channel might be an option, though as I'm going for the best sound possible (within my budget) that seems inelegant. Also, spending some long winter nights with the fire and really great music sounds like a long step up from 'Fear Factor' et. al.

And Yeah! getting 5! Von Schweikert's isn't an option. Thus, the choice I'm mulling is two semi-exotic audiophile speakers and living with killer stereo, or 5 excellent speakers and having the 5 channel upgrade path.

The M80s are the only Axioms I'm considering for mains- I already have a nice pair of (another brand) towers and like them and towers in general a lot.

So I guess my question is, great as the M80's are, what might I gain by dropping 4-5 grand on a pair of semi-exotics, given that this is the one time that I could even contemplate such a thing, and might it be worth it? Given that it would mean stereo always in the music room. I do, of course, full surround in the HT, and thus haven't locked myself off from the surround music formats there.