Long time no post.... smile

Anyone have any experiences with the Onkyo NR3008 receiver? I'm thinking of getting one. I've read enough reviews & discussion to conclude that it seems to be a "great" receiver for a decent price. But I'm always interested in the Axiom-owners' perspective. Yay? Nay?

My current setup is powered by an Emotiva LPA-1 amp fed by a Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX receiver. I may or may not keep the LPA-1 in the system, depending on the amplification section of whatever new receiver I purchase.

The 43TX is about 8 years old. No HDMI, no room correction, no HD audio processing, no network connection, no OSD GUI. It's dead simple, but it works. I know, I'm living in the dark ages. I think I'm ready for something with a few more bells and whistles. An OSD would be nice. wink I've played this upgrade game every year for the past 2/3 years, but have yet to find a receiver that really impresses me. Last year I demoed an Onkyo 876 and a Pioneer Elite SC-05. Both were pretty good, but neither earned a place in my HT. I know Denon is pretty highly recommended, here and everywhere. I like the look of the 3311, but it lacks Audyssey's new XT32, which I'd like to have. I have been unimpressed with Audyssey in the past, but I've heard XT32 is 'better'. The 4311 has XT32, but it's a little too expensive for my budget. The new Marantz SR7005 looks sweet too, but again, like the 3311, it lacks XT32.

I had tentatively planned on getting a UMC-1, but after reading through a few hundred (thousand?) discussions about it over the past 3+ years, I'm pretty much burned out on it and Emotiva in general. And it's missing a whole boatload of features, compared to mainstream receivers of sililar (or less...) price. No hard feelings, I just think I want to stick with a mainstream manufacturer.

So, the NR3008. Anyone have one? Like? Dislike? Thanks!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office