Originally Posted By: Dduval
Hey Peter,

Did you ever click the checkout button on that 3008 yet?

I just connected my wides to enable audyssey DSX and WOW! Big difference. My whole room is enveloped in surround sound now.
All channel music is even better as well. Now I can't decide if I like all channel music or PLII DSX music... grin

Let us know if you pulled the trigger yet...

Dana

I haven't... 

After talking to the Emotiva people about the UMC-1, I decided to give it a try.  I waited long enough for the stupid thing, might as well give it a shot. They answered my questions and concerns well enough. I am about a week into my 30 day evaluation.  So far, I am pretty impressed with it.  No operational complaints and the sound quality is pretty amazing. Stunning, really. If it gives me any trouble I'll send it back and get the NR3008.  But so far, I'm happy. 

The NR3008 still looks exceptionaly impressive.  I just came to the conclusion that i really don't need half the bells and whistles.  I'm either uninterested or its already duplicated by some other device in my system.  So i see no need to pay for them again.  And my room isn't big enough to effectively support even a 7.1 system, let alone 9 or 11. ;-).

And prices in the NR3008 seem to fall $50 each week, so I figured I might as well try the UMC. If it fails, then I can take advantage of the post Christmas sales on the NR. ;-)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office