OK, so I received the QS8s. After installation I ran Audyssey on my system and during calibration I noticed that the sound from one of the QS8s sounded different than the others. After calibration I went to check the parameters and the receiver detects one of the surrounds at 7.5ft and the other at 3.9ft (the one that sounded different), both my QS8s are 7.5ft from the main listening position. The receiver also sets the crossover at 200Hz which is very odd for the QS8s as other owners usually have it set anywhere between 90Hz and 120Hz. I ran the autocalibration 3 times and got the same result every time. So I decided to manually set the crossover at 100Hz and play a heavy bass CD in 5ch stereo mode. One of the woofers from the "bad" speakers is not emitting any sound or at least no low frequencies frown. I removed the grills and noticed a significant dent on the cone. I don't know if the dent is the cause of the problem but there is definitely something wrong with this woofer.
I own 5 Axiom speakers and so far have had 2 bad drivers, these are not very good odds. Either I am very unlucky or Axiom should tighten their QA.
Anyway, I just sent an email to Noreen and have no doubt that they will fix this but I can't help to be a bit disappointed cry .

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."