So I got my replacement and everything seems to be fine with it. My only concern is the crossover level set by Audyssey. At first, I only ran it for 1 position just for a quick listening. It set the crossover at 200Hz. Then I ran Audyssey for the 6 positions and it set it a 150Hz.

My room is 20x11 ft, hardwood floor, high pile rug in the center, 2 bay windows with no curtains just blinds and not too much hanging from the wall (I know, far from ideal). My TV is wall-mounted at the center of one of the long wall, my couch is against the opposite wall (actually about 70% of the couch is against the wall and 30% has one of the bay windows behind). The QS8s are wall mounted with the T-bracket on my back wall, each about 7ft from the main listening position and and the tweeters are about 2ft above ear level. Since my couch is against the wall, they are very slightly behind me.

Questions:

1) Could the fact that the bottom driver is so low be the reason for this 150Hz crossover? Not enough distance for the sound to spread?

2) Does anybody has had Audyssey cross over the QS8s that high?

3) The QS8s should be able to play 100Hz. So if I manually set the crossover to 100Hz, does it mean that Audyssey will just not apply EQ between 100Hz and 150Hz, or the QS8s can simply not play anything below 150Hz in my room?

Last edited by bdpf; 01/13/11 03:30 PM.

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."