Originally Posted By: HuskerOmaha
I'll be most likely purchasing an Onkyo 1007 or 3008 if I get more sold on XT32.

I'll be running Heights but probably not Wides yet.
I've heard Heights>Wides on reviews at AVS, but Wides>Heights according to Audyssey? My room is narrow, so I'm going Heights.

Why would you want to use something like the QS8 for Heights?

Why not direct-firing speakers?

Before I purchased my 3008, I did alot of research of XT32, although this was my first audyssey avr, after reading all the positive things about XT32, I'm sure glad I went with the 3008.

Yes, audyssey does recommend wides before heights. My room is only 13 ft wide. So my mains centered in the room 6 ft apart and the wides are 3ft from each main and about 2 feet in front of the mains, angled in slightly. Wides are a total of 12ft apart up against each side wall. Excellent results even thou I wish my room was wider. Sometimes the wife and I will be watching a movie just on cable TV and during one movie a little kid was running across a room on screen from left to right. The sound from the kids footsteps also panned from left to right. We had to rewind the scene because we thought someone was in the Kitchen! The dogs started barking and went running into the kitchen as well. Totally freaked us out!

As far as why QS8's for heights, I was wondering the same thing. I was going to go with M2's on wall speakers for my Heights, But after what JC said about QS8's for heights, it got me thinking...

Dana

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740