Quote:

I'd like to do wides as well, but with a 118" screen on a 13.5ft wide wall, no room!

I have a 134” 1.78:1 screen in a 13.5 wide room and wouldn't do w/o my wide speakers. They are place at the “correct” angle per DSX recommendations which placed them about half way between the mains and surrounds on the side wall. Works perfect.

Quote:

Still not sold on these if you are putting them on the screen wall for heights.....anyone else have QS8 or dipole/bipole on the screen wall for heights?

Order both QS8s and M2 trying out both and for about $30 ship back the losers. Best way to know if you are getting what’s right for you.

Quote:

I would think if you were mounting your heights on the SIDE walls, I'd go with QS8 or something similar.

Side or front wall didn’t matter QS8s worked better. Also in a 13.5 wide room with seating 15 feet from the screen there is no way to place the height speakers at the recommended angle w/o putting them on the side wall. Having them at the recommend angle also sounds better in my room than putting them directly above the mains on the front wall. The sound fills the room more than front wall limited angle placement. YMMV.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1