using my pre-amps calibration setup, my 5507's Audyssey
MultEQ XT has set up my front 3 (M80v3's & VP180v3) to 40hz each, but, it has compensated with the individual levels for each channel so that no matter what i have played it at in my HT area everything sounds great. i listen to my movies between 50 to 60 (absolute) which is -32db to -22db (relative) and (it's plenty loud for me and my family) my surrounds QS8v3's are crossed over at 100hz and my surround backs M2v3's are crossed at 80hz everything sounds perfect. of course this is in my place with the furniture, room shape, couch, love seat book cases and such that it was all configured by Audyssey MultEQ XT to give me the best sound possible.

so just the crossover adjustment alone is only a small part of it. the individual levels need to be corrected as well. have you given your systems calibration program a try and then play the movie? i have not used an SPL to set up anything, i do have trust and faith in the 5507 & in Audyssey MultEQ XT & Dynamic EQ and they, thus far have helped give me some of the best sounding audio in both movies & music that I have ever heard in my life, in my HT area.

mind you i am using two dedicated amps for my gear, an XPA-5 for the main 5 and a UPA-2 for the surround back 2 and i never have worries about stressing them but that is to me the difference and reasons I wanted full seperates with dedicated external amps.

I would also ask if the OP is having problems with any other movie other than IM2 with strange sounds coming from the speaker that are not in the soundtrack or are distorted souunds that are part of the soundtrack? I'd also recommend checking out a couple of other movies to test that. Try The Incredible Hulk, Taken & Star Trek. see if any of these movies cause the same issue or not. check your levels too and of course, what volume are you actually listening to your movies at? in relation to the room size and distance you sit away from your speakers.

I do hope we can help you out cdot2four, we all want you to enjoy your Axioms!

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93