I have a buddy that uses pro box building software to design enclosures, primarily for car audio. He designed the 3cf^3 sealed enclosure that was used in my vehicle. The sub was powered by a JL Audio Slash 1000/1 amp and sounded amazing! A true SQL subwoofer. I am aware that car and home are two different animals. The Axiom system is my first HT experience as I have always been into high end car audio. The LFE in my home needs help.

I contacted the subwoofer manufacturer and the owner highly recommended a 3.5cf^3 ported enclosure tuned to 30Hz for exceptional HT results. The Stereo Integrity Mag D2V2 sub has been widely used in HT applications with great success. The sub is a beast weighing in at 56 pounds. I can't see how this sub won't make an amazing HT sub when enclosed properly and fed at least 1000w rms.

Here are the Theil/Small parameters
Re 3.7 Z 4 Le 4.6 Fs 29.6 Qms 4.38 Qes 0.41 Qts 0.379 BL 21.5 Mms 227 Vas 147 Sd 810 Xmax 24mm Watts 1000 Spl 91.5

I am currently running a JL Audio 12w7 sealed in my vehicle and have reached bass nirvana. This is the best sounding SQL subwoofer I have ever heard. No chance the SI Mag will ever make it into a future car install again. I appreciate any ideas and or feedback regarding this project.

Demetrios