For physical media, I think BluRay is the best music delivery format at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

Downloads still have a long way to go before the older, more affluent "audiophile" give in completely to a "virtual only" music library.

They are the ones who spend the most money on music!

Downloading music is just so... unsatisfying. At least for this rapidly aging young person. smile

I do like having a tangible object for my $. A lot of the less discerning young peeps don't very seem interested in this type of "ownership" though.

But when they lose that huge music collection because of an unrecoverable drive failure, it's gonna hurt.

A lifetime of backing up your music files sounds tedious and probably potentially risky at some point in time. It sure is less fun than getting new cd/dvd storage furniture or having shelves full of lps! But hey, I'm slowly digitizing my collection so, I guess I'm in now!

I'm still keeping my cds though. And my lps are some of my most prized possessions and are fast becoming quite valuable.

Apple is the biggest player in the download game, so the fact that they are gearing up for high definition music downloads is giving me hope that audio quality issues are at least finally being addressed.

But when cds become obsolete, I bet I will still be buying new and used records!

And probably used, vintage cds! grin

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa