One of the interesting things about Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) is that each identity, or alter, can have not only its own personality style, with unique speech patterns, emotions, and behavioral tendencies, but even unique laboratory chemistry values and EEG patterns.

I was skeptical of the condition until I had a patient in residency with a convincing case of DID. A good actor could play the roles of alters convincingly, but it'd be a real stretch to think that someone could alter his overall EEG patterns like that. It is astounding to see, and part of the big picture of why I find psychiatry so interesting and fulfilling.

So, if it were the case that Bob (or anyone else on the forum, I guess) truly has DID, as he has joked, and that bbigwyres is one of his alters, then it would be natural that bbigwyres' sense of humor (as it were) would be totally distinct from Bob's.

Moreover, another feature of DID is that the alters often aren't aware of what the other alters are doing. That is, if Bob switches to bbigwyres, then "Bob" is in the dark/asleep, however you want to picture it. This amnesia is part of the dissociative process. There are other interesting dissociative processes such as fugue states, but I digress. The point is, Bob could even be bbigwyres and not know it!

Wow. I may get a published paper out of this board yet!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.