Happy 10th Anniversary, Axiom Boards.

My late,"funny Uncle," Carmino, bought proto-Axioms in 1966. Here he is in 1975 with his "prizes." They were already 9 years old then. All these years and they've never been apart--not even for one night. Gosh! Guess that's why he always kept them in the same cabinet.

Note the dazzling French Provincial (satin) finish with up-to-the-minute Mediterranean styling----- and that grille cloth choice---- in tweed. That WAS a long time ago. Back then, only the best speaker mfgr's. could afford to offer turned spindles as a grille option. Wowee!

I guess, since "French Provincial" never really existed as a "style" in France, and they were made in Canada even back then, that makes them, something like fake, fake, faux French Provincial/Mediterranean, right?

Or am I counting the words "fake" and "French" too many times? Sorry, I almost never could tell them apart. It's probably in kilometers anyway.

It's nice to see that their logo hasn't changed in decades, though ours have been held on with 3m tape since 1978.

See, even in 1966, they were soundstage savvy.
Check out the angled speaker placement on the cabinet. Their breadth still amazes, as long as the "loudness" knob is turned way up to drown out the turntable.

Herb Alpert was soooo hot! Those shiny black boots with pointy toes and Cuban heels (known locally as PRFC's--Puerto Rican Fence Climbers), the crushed velvet tuxedoes, cufflinks flying everywhere. Sighhhhhh! He could blow-sync really well on TV, so he could play trumpet AND smile at the camera, simultaneously. Astounding.

Axiom's on their 10th here (Again, Happy Tenner, Axiomoes), I'm on my first.

1st anniversary is paper, virtual or otherwise.

Remember that when you see today's "launch."

Aw, c'mon, poohsies. It's not like I'm gonna turn your wives into cardboard cut-outs while you sleep.

Those things take time. And cost lots of money. And I'm booked 'til 12/21/12.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.