Quote:

Basically i need the M80's to give me concert volume...without getting muddy, give me a wide sound stage, produce real life sounding live cd's...LOL Well recorded stuff of course...LOL

IMO the best speakers I have ever listened to that reproduce concert volume while still sounding crisp are the Axiom M80s and the Klipsch RF-7. When it comes to pure loudness the Klipsch beat the Axioms hands down. However, in overall performance I prefer the Axioms.

I wish I could have you over for a listen to 5.1 or 7.1 multi-channel surround sound concerts if you want to recreate concert sound in your home. Right now I’m watching Within Temptation “Black Symphony” Blu-ray and awesome concert. The most realistic concert I’ve watched/heard is Toto’s “ “Falling in Between the Live” . . . best indoor concert I’ve heard on a home system, simply as good as being there. Another of my favorite live concerts is Roger Waters “The Wall” live in Berlin. Best outdoor concert I’ve heard on my system. Both of the above sound totally real both the indoor and outdoor due to the effectiveness of the QS8 speakers. Another great multi-channel DVD I have is Jethro Tull “Live at Montrruex 2003,” again it sounds like it’s live. And no multi-channel listening would be complete without Pink Floyd “Dark Side of the Moon” SACS, simply amazing.

No slouches are some of the 2ch SACDs I have like Boston’s “Boston” SACD, completely re-mastered. Rush “Chronicles” on DVD-A, and like them or not the Bangles “Greatest Hits” SACD. But if you like the sound of live concerts you are doing yourself a disfavour by not investing in a surround sound system.

Quote:

I Have not bought speakers in 25 years, so all i have to compare them too is the SDA Polks, which is kind of a 1 off speaker...nothing really sounds like them presay.

Whatever speaker you end up trying please be patient as your ear have become accustomed to the sound of the speakers you have had. Anything new will sound different . . . maybe better maybe worse at first until you get use to hearing things that you never heard before, both good and bad.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1