My experience with both the M22s and M2s paired with a sub compared to the M80s +sub are the same as Jakewash’s. I have found the biggest advantage in having the M80+sub combo is that in my present room I have a +10dB peak just above 20Hz and a -10dB null around 50Hz. So if I turn the sub up to feel the lower midbass punch around 50Hz the deep bass rumble at 20Hz is overpowering. Letting the M80s handle their own bass down to 40-50Hz lets me have more punch w/o to much rumble. Doesn’t help the LFE channel but it does improve the midbass on many sound tracts and even more music. Using “double bass” or “LFE + Mains” can even help smooth things out more by having multiple bass sources over part of the frequency range. Remember what I am talking about here is fairly room specific so it might not benefit everyone. Note that suggesting a lower crossover then 80Hz for any speaker or ever using something like “LFE + Mains” is considered a heresy here, so if you try it someone will come burn you at the stake. wink

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1