Thanks Gem. I'll buy a meter today. Where is a good site to find AVIA disk? Originaly a frined and I calibrated it with a meter he had. What we did for tone was record about 5 tones from a Keyboard player ranging from high to low. Somehow we got it to play on all speakers but i think the reciever might have sent it out at different levels to the speakers, Pro-logic II i think. It worked ok for a while, but then again, I was upgrading from severely unmatched speakers and an inexpensive sony reciever. To give you an idea of what I used to listen too, my subwoofer was a Fender Amplifier that had two 12" in it, my surrounds where; left a Pignose (it's a small guitar amp) and right an old 8"Peavy amp (yeah i played guitar, i much rather listen to it now!), my fronts came off a bookshelf Sanyo system and my center was a 6x9 car speaker that was close to the celling to protect my tv from the magnetic feild! Hmm..gives me an idea to post a thread and ask what was the wildest makeshift HT people had. Anyway, I'm gonna go home and re-calibrate my system using your advice gem. Thanks.

Grass grows green when manuer is placed upon it.