Really?...I don't see anything funny about it. I've checked the speakers ohm wise. they both read the same. there is no short, testing them that way. I've checked all the wireing. NO problems.

The fact that the amp will power an old set of Polks and Advents, either 1 at a time, or both at the same time...to extreme volume would say the amp works..at least with those speakers which are rated at 8 and 6 ohm.

Now you tell me. What is the point of testing 1 speaker at a time. If the amp dose not like the 4 ohm load...it's going to shut down. So your asking me to do what. Test to see when the amp shuts down? The M80's will play...just don't try to crank them.
If the amp dose not like the load, it's going to shut down...on both speakers, or tested 1 at a time.

Basic Logic would say the amp can not deal with the 4 ohm load. But you keep harping on testing the speakers. Dose that mean there is some known problem that these speakers short out or something?

I don't find anything funny about this at all. It will cost me another $400 to find out if the speakers work or they don't.