Lampy Update:

First off, he says "Hello" to all.
Secondly, if HGC would benefit from a photo of Mrs. Lampy holding one, she's game.

All attempts to reunite him with the Boards have failed, thus far. Thankfully, I am relentless, persistent and annoying. It's not over.

Last weekend I was over there to hear his new M80's.
Boy, I'm glad I got the M60's, 'cause those things really suck! Or maybe my hearing was affected by all that vinyl. Not sure.

Seriously, of course they sounded great. We've been using the same CD (Eagles last new 2 record release for everything. His room is so live (and square) and mine's pratically an anechoic chamber. I prefer his, he prefers mine.

Without having them side-by-side, I think most people have a similar take--slight midrange difference, slightly more low end. Both of those are exaggerated by their efficiency, since it's so easy to play them loud. And I think they sound better at lower volumes than the M60's but that's anthema to me, so...

This time we used his Manley Stingray. (If you quote that sentence for pruient purposes, you're even more desperate and uncreative than we already thought.)

They sounded wonderful with it's toasty little 45 watts. Plenty o' hurt, if you want it. He thinks that the M3's like the power of his 100/ch solid state better. Chris also thinks that my 145/ch Oink sounds cold and clinical. Compared to his Stingray, it does.

C'mon, would BobKay ever choose warm and fuzzy over cold and clinical? Maybe if he listened to all those yodeling yeast infections that you guys do; or worse, jazz and classical.

Oh, no, f'n show tunes! Go ahead, revoke my "membership" for that one. They've tried without success already.

Maybe if we pass around a "Sorry" card and all sign it he'll come back?

Well, we don't ALL need to sign it now, do we?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.