That's a lot of air to move. If $1500 is your budget including shipping, taxes, ... then I would follow Jason's advice and put all of it towards 1 better sub, you can always get a 2nd one at a later time if you feel you're missing something.
Also I just noticed that you're in Canada, so I would just rule out pretty much all US manufacturers unless you can get it shipped to a US address and then pick it up. Epik doesn't ship to Canada and even if you pick one up they will not honor the warranty once it leaves the US, when I was looking at the VTF15, the shipping + duties + Fedex charges + whatever was an extra $300/$400 so this makes it less attractive for us Canadians. If you're in the GTA, www.sonicboomaudio.com is a SVS dealer so you could pick it up locally. If not Axiom and FunkyWaves are your best bet.

Edit: Axiom has the EP350 starting at $656 US on their auction site. I don't know how 2 of them will perform in your room as I've only heard the EP500 and EP600 but even with taxes it will fit your budget.

Last edited by bdpf; 05/16/11 06:35 PM.

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."