I can understand folks being a bit dismayed by the level of performance involved in this video. However, I DO believe that if you perform the music, the performance shows up in the music. It's kinda like the difference between reading Shakespeare aloud, and acting it with the emotions the character would reasonably show.

I feel a significant portion of the beauty Westminster achieved musically was due to their performance. Their passion came through in the music. They looked like they were really enjoying themselves. I think they were.

The performance may have been (probably was) choreographed, but that doesn't mean the resulting emotion was/is phony. In fact, having experienced this myself, I'm pretty certain it was/is genuine. For me, it works.

Now, if you REALLY want to see over-the-top performance, just for fun, and to make Westminster look like wooden sticks, which hopefully will enable you to look more benevolently on their level of performance, check out this one. It may not be easy to do, but stay with it at least 3:15. You ain't gonna believe it and it should give you a chortle. grin

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton