Another question for those familiar with using Zones. I have been reading up and want to make sure I've got this right.

It appears on 7.x receivers you have two options, using the receiver to power zone 2 you would have 5 channels in the main room, and 2 channels in your second room for stereo. Or, you can have 7 channels in the main room, and use the zone 2 preouts to an extra amp to drive 2 channels.

For 9.x receivers using the receiver to power zone 2 you get 7 channels in the main room and 2 in the second room. Or, using an extra amp and zone 2 pre outs, you can have 9 channels in the main and 2 in the other.

If I'm correct, I believe you could do this at the same time? Have a movie/tv source playing in one room, and another source in room 2 at the same time?

Or, can you only play music (stereo) source in zone 2, not pipe a movie/tv source to those 2 speakers.

For my metal barn install, there is a chance when they have larger parties, they might want to have some people watching a movie in the theater portion, and others watching a game on those 2 speakers (doesn't have to be surround decoding). Or maybe watch the game in both rooms on both projectors.

Sorry for all the questions guys. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I wonder if you can run two projectors through one receiver. I know they have multiple HDMI inputs to HDMI out, buy maybe you can't have 2 HDMI outputs, same signal or different...hmmm

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85