Great thread. I still haven't arrived at my perfect media streaming solution, so it's nice to read about what others are doing. Tom, I'm absolutely jealous of the price you got on the Squeezebox Touch.

I'm still trying to clean up my digital music library. There are always inconsistencies when I let the ripping software name stuff on its own, so if I don't catch it, I go back in and edit the stuff on my own. I'm also still trying to get pretty album artwork for all of my stuff. I think I'm going to tweak the organization of my files with subdirectories for bootleg-type live material to keep it separate from the files I'll play more often. It's all a work in progress.

One of these days I'll outline how I've done everything, but I imagine it's never going to be as elegant as what some of you have done. I look forward to seeing where you end up with your own setup, Tom. I have a Synology NAS (DS210+)that should be able to run Squeezebox Server software on its own if I end up going with that route, but I haven't done any reading about how effective it is.

Ideally, the next pre-pro or receiver I get will have a great interface for streaming music from my NAS. It's only a matter of time, right?