Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
Hey guys,

My sister and I are having a surprise 40th anniversary party on the 30th for my parents. The hall we've rented holds 80 people, is 1400 sq. ft., and my sister said it has a vaulted ceiling.

I'm taking my Denon 3801 and M80's, but I'm wondering if my EP500 would be powerful enough to fill that large of a room, and whether or not I'll need my Emotiva RPA-1 (I'm thinking yes)?

If the RPA-1 (300 watts/channel) still won't be enough juice, I could probably rent a pro amp, but I really don't want the added expense.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cam

Since the room is no bigger and probably smaller than most HT rooms of many of the members on this forum, no problem at all for any of the equipment you are contemplating taking for the party. You will have plenty of pop and a better sound too.

Keep in mind that if you were comparing yourself to a DJ, they tend to use PA systems to play their music which are really not designed for that purpose and even the largest PA monitors don't go much below 50-60HZ anyway. They use them because PA systems, even more powerful ones, are pretty cheap to buy today, somewhat more portable and considerably less expensive than a quality audio system like yours.

Your EP500, especially, will be a significant bonus in sound.