Well I spent a day wandering around to the different fitness stores and larger chain stores trying out different machines. I quickly took the folding models out of the running. They just aren't stable enough for someone my size to be running on. I also found out that it takes at least $2000 to get into the ball park of quality machines, even for home use. Now that's for running. If someone just wants to walk, anything would be fine, I suppose. I looked at Life Cycle, Vision Fitness, Precor, Landice, True and a bunch of other chain store brands. Dollar for dollar, I found the True models to be quite a bargain. They were more stable than the Precor models, had just as many features, same warranty, but they just felt more robust. I have not heard of True, but was told they've been around a long time. They don't feel too stiff or too soft, but just about right. The PS900 had an adjustable suspension, but I couldn't tell any difference, so I opted to save a grand and go with the next model down the food chain. I also got one with the Ortho belt, as I preferred the way it felt. Ended up blowing $2800 on the PS300 model. None were in stock, so I get to wait three weeks before I pick it up.

http://www.truefitness.com/products/residential-home-fitness-equipment/treadmills/17/ps300-treadmill