dakkon,

I just thought I would add some clarity to my earlier comments in the other thread. Though you can run a pair of subs with designated Right and Left channel information (use the high level inputs connected the right and left speaker wires with the subwoofer x-overs set to 40 Hz) I am not sure you would really want to do this. Even if the information below 80 Hz was separated on the source material, which it rarely is, you would still not be able to perceive its source location in the room. For the best bass in your room you will almost for sure find that the best location for the two subwoofers is not adjacent to the right and left main speakers. The advantage of the two subwoofers is that you get to put them anywhere in your room where they will give you the best bass at your various listening positions. And with two subs, as opposed to one, you will be able to get more listening positions to have good bass. This is a pretty big advantage over the design you have pictured where the “subwoofers” are built into the front main speakers. As for where to set the x-over point, assuming you are using a processor with bass management and it appears you are, then that would be best decided with experimentation in your room. I think JohnK has covered the answer to your original question pretty thoroughly, though I am not completely sure if you are looking to set up a stereo only system or a multi-channel system that you will use as stereo when the source is recorded that way. Either way it would not affect the sub selection and placement. I hope this helps with your quest for the best performance; and I would make those two subs EP800s.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer