Originally Posted By: Murph

Hey Cat, go grab Skyrim for your PC if you have a decent video card. You will be badly hooked on adventure games once again. I played wayyyy to late again last night on my PS3 version.

Unless of course you were referring to the old text based adventure games. In which case the best I can do is see if I still have my old copy of a book on creating them in QBasic. Actually, there are still some MUDs running online if you go looking. Tough to go back that far though with today's much more immersive options.

Not into text today, but that's were I developed a love for adventure games. I even reverse engineered Infocom's STARCROSS game into asembler language routines once, just for fun. The Myst games were my all time favorites. I loved the worlds that you were emersed into. One of them in particular I loved where you were on an island, it was summertime, you could almost feel the heat radiating off of the rocks. You could hear the buzz of insects as they flew by. It was great just imagining that you were actually there. (Not the first game, either the 2nd or 3rd in the series. The one with the Idol, that you eventully came up out of through a tunnel, I think.)