Here's some advice from a new Axiom owner.

I just upgraded my speakers after 20 years. I had a pair of Cerwin Vega C-7 "monsters". About a year ago, I upgraded my receiver and got the Denon 1802. It replaced a 15+ year old Onkyo. Needless to say, I am not one who has shown any signs of being susceptible to upgrade-itis.

I have a large room (16'X 24' with a 16' ceiling). My decision on the M60s for the fronts was rather easy. The surrounds and center were a struggle. I ultimately chose the QS8s and the VP150, because I don't see myself doing this again. In fact, I told my wife that the next speakers I buy will be for our condo when we retire (I'm 45).

I haven't purchased a sub yet, but from what everyone says, the SVS and HSU subs are the way to go.

Bottom line...if the funds are there, I wouldn't short change your purchase. BUT, if funds are tight you could always buy them in steps. Also, even though a lot of us will recommend the M60,QS8,VP150 setup, the other alternatives from Axiom are by no means "bad choices". For example, I will probably never hear the VP100 center or the QS4s. If I would have bought them instead, I am sure I would have been happy, since I would not have the VP150 and QS8s to compare with. And like you, coming from an old pair of speakers, you will be very happy with whatever you choose from Axiom and the customer service IS that good!

BTW, my speakers sound GREAT!!!!

Good Luck, John